Dear FBC Family,
We miss being together with all of you! We are really looking forward to meeting again. The date set for our first in house service is May 31st. We know, however, that it will not be the same as before the stay at home order began.
It is our intention to have a one-hour service from 10:00-11:00 am. While you are inside the building, facemasks are recommended and requested. Please bring your own mask if you have one. We will have a limited supply of disposable masks available for those who need them. We are also asking that you follow proper social distancing guidelines.
Please use the upper lots and entrances to enter and exit the building. The lower lot will not be open unless additional parking is needed.
FBC Kids and student ministry will not be meeting-all children and students should sit with their parents. We do not know when these ministry areas will begin to meet again but we’ll let you know as soon as that decision has been made.
We would ask that you do NOT attend in person if you:
- Have a fever or cough or are sick in any way.
- Know that you are high-risk to catch COVID-19.
If you find yourself in one of these two groups, please continue to utilize the online service which will be provided for as long as it is deemed necessary.
You will notice these things are different:
- Our capacity for seating will be more limited.
- The sanctuary will have rows of chairs removed to limit the number of people in attendance and to help us maintain social distancing.
- Family units are asked to sit together.
- There should be three seats between family units, in order to maintain the proper distance.
- The student room will also be set up with overflow seating, if needed, and the service will be streamed to the large screen in that room.
- At the conclusion of the service we will dismiss people in an orderly fashion and ask that you don’t stop and congregate inside the church building but that you move to the parking area.
- Doors will be propped open when people arrive and leave or will be opened by a greeter to eliminate the need for everyone to touch the door handles.
- We will NOT have a meet and greet time that includes shaking hands.
- We will have offering boxes located just inside the entrances of the sanctuary to eliminate the need to pass offering baskets.
- We will not be handing out printed bulletins.
Your health and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. We have done our best to clean and disinfect the building. In order to keep the building clean and safe for everyone, there are cleaning supplies in the restrooms. Please use these supplies to wipe down high touch areas such as door handles and faucets after you touch them. To eliminate the need to do this, prepare ahead by using the restroom at home before coming to the church. We would also ask that only one person (or family unit, such as parent with young child) use the restroom at a time. We will also have cleaning supplies available to wipe down other high touch areas such as door handles as needed.
We recognize that people will have differing views as to how things should be done. Since there is no way to accommodate everyone’s view, some may choose to watch online. We would encourage you to do that if you feel that is best for your situation. Our church family must be gracious, which means that even when we disagree, we will still respect the conclusions others have reached. We are confident that Spirit-led people will not allow these matters to hinder the work of the Church, but will “make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification” (Rom. 14:19).
FBC Elder Team